- Denne begivenhed er allerede afholdt.
PhD course and Master: Cultural Institutions, Online Collections and Digital Media
21/05/2018kl. 13:00 - 25/05/2018kl. 12:00
The aim of this course is to provide a critical exploration of digital heritage and online collections. It investigates concepts and theories in regard to the relations between material collections and digitizations as well as the cultural, social, technological, economic and ecological ramifications of the presence of cultural institutions and online collections in global search engines and social media. To do this the presenters draw on approaches from material political economy, theories and concepts relating to global ecosystems of social media, issues of ownership and copyright, emerging forms of curatorial agency in networked structures constantly transforming through interactions between human users and algorithms and their impact on museum work. Critical theories and questions on methodology are highlighted, addressing in particular dilemmas and difficulties that researchers confront when approaching computer automated networked structures.
- The course is offered to postgraduate students (PhD or MA).
- 2 weeks of full-time work for 3 ECTS.
- One intensive week at ACSIS, at Linköping University, Campus Norrköping.
- The course is examined by a paper assignment.
- The course is free of charge for Swedish participants
- Participants arrange their own accommodation during the on-campus week.